A little mountain village less than a two hours drive from Valencia is Montanejos. There is a lot to do in Motanejos, such as walking and hiking, but where this village is known for are the hot springs. Read more about this lovely village at this page.
Montanejos is also called ‘La Villa Termal de Montanejos’, because in this village and its surroundings are over fifty hot springs. You can swim all year in the crystal-clear water, because of its average temperature of 25 degrees Celsius (but in winter it can be a little bit cold). Next to Montanejos is locals’ favourite hot spring Fuente de los Baños, hidden between the mountains with crystal-clear water and full of minerals.
Go on adventure
For the sporty people among us Montanejos is the place to be. Besides relaxing you can also walk or cycle through the mountains. You find ten walking routes at the website of Ayuntamiento de Montanejos, which you can download for free. But besides walking and cycling you can also do rafting of wild water kayaking. For more information about these activities you can use Somos Aventura or Maxima Aventura.
The village of Montanejos
The village of Motanejos is really small; there only live around 400 people. But because of this you meet the real local, Spanish people! In summer it can be crowded in the village, because many people leave the big cities to enjoy the nature of Montanejos. Next to Montanejos flows the river Mijres, which is heated by the hot springs in the mountains.
It is understandable if you want to stay for a night in this beautiful village. Here you can read a few hotels where you can spend the night.
Hotel Rosaleda del Mijares ***
From €30 per night
Hotel Rosaleda del Mijares offers a lot of facilities, as an indoor pool, a lounge terrace, a bar, wellness and a Mediterranean restaurant. This big hotel in the centre of Montanejos also offers direct access to the hot springs for their guests and in summer season they organize shows. For more information and availability go to this page.
Hotel Casa Palacio **
From €55 per night
This hotel is located nearby the favourite hot spring Fuento de los Baños. The hotel is in a historical building, which you see on the authentic walls. Hotel Casa Palacio has its own restaurant where you can enjoy a Mediterranean dinner or just drink a cup of coffee. Look at this page for more information.
How to reach Montanejos
From Valencia it is 95 kilometres drive to Montanejos, which is a little bit longer than one hour. Parking at Fuente de los Baños is possible (the popular hot spring next to the village). There are several options, but this is de shortest way:
1. Take highway V-21 to Avenida Cataluña
2. Take the exit to V-23, direction Sagunt/Teruel
3. Follow the signs to A-23, Teruel/Zaragoza
4. Take exit 37 to Teruel. Now you are at highway N-234
5. Follow the signs to Montanejos (CV-195). You will drive through villages Caudiel and Motan.
– Take some snacks and drinks with you and enjoy a picnic in the beautiful nature.
– It is recommended to use water shoes, because of the (little) rocks in the water.
– One kilometre from Montanejos is the village La Alqueria located. From here you have an amazing view on Montanejos.
– Do you want to go out for dinner after your visit to Montanejos? As well the hotel Casa Palacio as hotel Rosaleda del Mijares have a nice restaurant.